Why Join a CSA Program?
Do you wonder where your food comes from and what work conditions the growers experienced? Do you wonder what it takes to get food to your table? Wonder no more! Be a local hero. Support local farmers and feel good about the food you eat.
- There is no food more fresh! Receiving a CSA share is like picking veggies outside your doorstep without the work required to produce your own food.
- Learn the art of eating seasonally. Discover new types of food and try new recipes. Your taste buds will thank you!
- Improve your health by incorporating more vitamins and minerals into your diet.
- Reduce your environmental footprint by eating less imported produce. Help farmers reduce food waste by allowing them to plan how much to produce in advance.
- Enhance biodiversity in your community by supporting small-scale organic market gardens.
For farmers, CSA programs allow us to have more secure finances due to loyalty of participants throughout the season. Additionally, we get to know the people eating our food, learn more about our local community, and receive feedback. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a specific crop will be in your share week to week due to the uncontrollable influences of our climate, but we can guarantee the value of your share. Your share will always be full of fresh, bountiful and well-sourced produce.